Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sneak Peak

You probably know by now that I love Pinterest. . . . and yesterday I learned that today was National Quilt Day. Hmmmm, it just seemed wrong that I would completely ignore it.  Since I cut everything I needed to make a quilt for MyGirl's birthday coming up in about six weeks yesterday, today I planned the fabric layout. Here is a little sneak peak. MyGirl picked out this layout idea from looking at my Quilting board on Pinterest, but since I couldn't find the directions I created my own based loosely on what I saw, and here we go. . . . its exciting to have another one ready to piece! And thank goodness she didn't have her heart set on a compass quilt! That would have been trouble. Fortunately, she wanted a modern quilt in blues and browns to match her bedspread and long enough to cover her when she wants to cuddle with it on the sofa. I've designed it to be 56 x 70. It will be my largest quilt yet. . . . Fun just waiting to begin. . . . 


No comments: