Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Fun with Family

This is a long post filled with family pictures. If you're not interested, exit now. I haven't blogged much at all. . . issues with getting photos off my phone and lots of entertaining. Its been nice to have the 4th long weekend to relax, get back to some sewing, go to a BBQ with friends, and finally blog, but I sure loved having family HERE!!! These past two weeks were just wonderful! So here goes:

My sister-in-law, brought her two youngest boys to come see us for a couple of days. My boy loved spending time with them! From games of all kinds, both indoors and out, they had a great time.

 Can't believe my boy will soon be a sophomore and his cousin will be a senior!! Where does time go?
 So fun to have rearranged my craft space so that three people can now craft together. We each made about twenty cards over two days, and loved our time together.
 We went to my favorite park, and the boys climbed on the kiddie equipment,
 we walked around the three lakes,
 stopped for some photos along the way,
 skipped a few rocks, and loved this cooler but beautiful two days we had together. That was all earlier this week.

Earlier in June my boy had the opportunity to go to two different camps - 
This one was National Youth Leadership Training. 
Here is getting his awards and certificates upon completion.
 It was a beautiful place, just an hour from our home. The Rockies are truly spectacular in the summer!
 His second camp was to Camp Firewalker, for a church piresthood camp. My dad rode up with me when I was to pick up the boys and we had a gorgeous drive early one Saturday morning.
 These are the tents the boys slept in. Then there was a nice facility for eating, and a whole staff to cook for them. My boy camped out for two weeks and never had to cook his own meals. I call that Lucky!
 From the look on his face, he'd had a good time. Then when we get home he sleeps a lot. He's had to read books for a school AP assignments due August 1, so he's been busy since he's been home too. Good thing company came to relieve him of boredom when he's at home ;-)
 When Cowgirl was here, we did something fun everyday. From going to the outdoor pool at Wilson Ranch to seeing a movie, we had a good week. One of our big adventures was going to the Denver Natural History Museum. They are having an exhibit on the Maya which was fascinating. These were murals of their celebrations. I loved the music that was portrayed through horns and harps and drums.
 MyGirl is doing great finishing up her school week this summer. She will have her diploma, I believe, by the end of August. Good Job!!!
 One of the silly things we found around the museum - a giant plastic - though heavy, anaconda, they enjoyed wearing :-)
 I told you I'd fill you in on the birthday party. We served Crab Louis salad, garlic biscuits like they have at Red Lobster or sourdough bread, fresh fruit, and the carrot cake cheesecake cupcakes.  It was all yummy.
 Cowgirl loved her cowgirl purse.

Mom loved her Quilty row quilt book
 Shaena loved her wall hanging I made for her. It was a fun project I found at last year's Quilt Shop Hop, and knew it was meant for my Cowgirl.
 And last but not least, I've been enjoying my cooler summer evenings. This is a little spot of heaven for me, and I'm grateful for the thunderstorms that come every late afternoon or evening which keep things green, moist and have served to prevent any of the horrible fires we had the last two summers.


No comments: