Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

In The Mountains


Littlebuddy had one of the greatest adventures of his life and returned home this week. He was invited to be his grandpa's buddy for eight days in Idaho.



Littlebuddy slept a lot on the drive, but loved the experience of having grandpa all to himself.
The gorgeous view from the top of Galena Summit. . . one of my favorites and a memory he'll never forget. Last time he was in Idaho was when he was three.
The Easley pool, a place I remember dive bombing dragonflies going after my older cousins and I and my brothers. . . lots of good memories there. 
The family cabin.  Its been in our family since 1947. Its a favorite of my dad's and a place he wanted to visit again, but mom said he had to take someone with him, and Ryan happened to be available. Lucky boy.
They made it a priority to get fishing licenses and my boy caught two rainbow trout. Merit badge completed, and truly the memory of a lifetime for him! They had a good time together. Funny how they like the same foods and to check out the same stuff. However, dad came home weighing the same, and Littlebuddy was 9 lbs. bigger - in 8 days. I asked him how that happened. He said, well every time we ate, Grandpa would ask me afterwards if I was still hungry, and I thought about it, and said sure, then Grandpa would get me something else to eat. . . mostly Payday candy bars. . . . He's back on a more traditional eating plan this week :-) Fortunately, at his last physical his Dr. thought he was about 9 lbs. underweight, so no worries here.
My dear, dear friend came to visit me with her daughter the day after they got back. Yeah, I didn't realize HOW very grey I've become until I saw this picture . . . my bathroom mirror has been fibbing to me. . . anyhow, she's a sweetheart to go out of her way, and it was such a treasured time to have her here. Good friends are a blessing! (And, I'm allergic to hair dye so this is the way I roll.)
LittleBuddy, MyGirl and dear friend's daughter, all shared fond memories of where we lived in Maryland and we all had fun playing Moose Farkle.

Thursday was my anniversary. Mike and I slipped away to go to one of our favorite restaurants and yesterday, Friday, we took the kids less than an hour from home for a night camping. Note the s'mores sticks burning off their sticky stuff in the fire. :-) The fire is my children's favorite thing about camping. They all tend it diligently. MyGirl is out searching for more dry wood in the background. There was no one on either side of us, so we had lots of space to spread out. It was a short but sweet trip as we had lots to do Sat. afternoon. The boys didn't catch any fish, and later that day the road to get there was closed by a mud slide, but we feel blessed to have that memory, to have all slept in our new tent, and to have found another place close to home that was enjoyable by everyone. And, this campground had the BEST restrooms I have ever used at a campground. Hurray for the little things in life.



No comments: