Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Babies, Puppies, and Dinosaur Bones




Last weekend (has it already been a week? Yikes!) we went to visit Cowgirl and meet up with our cousins. They have eight children in their family and seven were able to come, so that was fun. One of our activities was going to Dinosaur National Monument just out of Jensen, UT.  They have a wall where you can touch the bones, so everyone was excited to do that.

My favorite thing was seeing my older children find a younger cousin to just pal around with. I love that my children who have never lived by cousins, are always so excited to get to be with them. They get the importance of family - Horray! That's something I've been working hard to promote. In two of the cases there were 19 year age differences, and with Littlebuddy, he found a buddy just six years younger, and they were inseparable. Over dinner we were talking with Mike's brother, and they mentioned how important it is to make sure their children are just nice people. I readily agreed, and have been thinking about that ever since. In spite of their imperfect parents, I realized that somewhere along the way my children have all chosen to be nice people too, and I'm grateful for that.

Cowgirl, in fact, was sandbagging on her day off the day we were to arrive. She has always had a very compassionate, giving heart. I love that about her. She was good to hang out with everyone - adults, little ones, teenagers, and shared her darling puppy, Maple, and her spare room with MyGirl while we all crashed into her life for a short 48 hours. Her store is Packed with fabric, and we found some good deals too. Its beautiful where she lives, and it was great fun to see her life, and help her to see a little more of it than she has in the past six months.



No comments: