Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Replenishing Ones Soul

There's just nothing like getting into nature that restores one's soul. Mike and I took our two boys and did just that last week, and it was wonderful. Three days of kayaking, horseback riding, hiking, and fishing with a little mini-golfing and go-karting to boot.There was even time to read a couple of chapters from my current book and watch a movie. I can't say these were all relaxing activities - hiking to four mountain lakes, mostly uphill, kayaking and horseback riding, introducing you to muscles you forgot you had, but it was all so beautiful that I kept going. And seeing the wild animals up close, so amazing. We loved it, and I was reminded that I need to get out in nature more often, breathe deep in that clean mountain air, and enjoy!

 There is a bald eagle up at the top of the leafless tree.
 We rode for two hours up and down the mountains of Rocky Mtn. National Park - breathtaking views everywhere.
 This photo was taken about 11,500 feet high. . . note we're looking down on the neighboring mountains. This photo was take on our big drive in the park.
 Just twenty feet from the side of the road, two rams chilling in the sun.
 Driving through town we spotted several elk. This one had the largest rack of antlers.
 Dream Lake - probably my favorite lake of the five we experienced or hiked to.
 The boys were good to wait for me to catch up to them. They could probably have cut our hike in half but were good sports, As for me, but I'm proud to say I did it all. I'm not your outdoor-every-weekend-woman, but I do love being there.

Nymph Lake - certainly looks like something that could be found in Midsummer Night's Dream

 Then there were the magnificent rocks and trees and mountains. Seeing the Lord's handiwork is inspiring. The Master Creator certainly appreciates beauty.
 My boys loved being here. Sadly, I didn't get any photos of BigBuddy with his waders on in the Big Thompson River flyfishing. He's gung ho to do this again next year, but we can go fishing ten minutes from home so he'll be doing a lot more of that on his days off.
 We didn't get there the first day until 5 that evening, (after spending a lot of time at the outdoor store and eating a late lunch) so we stopped for some fun and games first before we set out for the nature experiences in the coming days.

 Proof I was there- a selfie on a kayak. . . who'd a thunk?

No comments: