Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Sky Full of Stars

That Halloween quilt was finished last week. I've officially named it, "Sky Full of Stars." Yes, after the Coldplay song, but that title just seems to fit how it looks - the black sky filled with stars of many colors. I learned in Astronomy 101 long ago that there are several colors of stars, and while no red ones here, there are some black ones :-)  It was so cold here like it was in much of the country, so having this over my lap while I sewed on the binding kept me nice and snuggly. I am just so happy with how this all turned out. I shall enjoy it for years to come.

I think you can see on this picture, that after I hand quilted the inside of the stars, I used my walking foot and machine quilted in between the sashing in black, just enough to keep it all together, and hopefully not fall apart after its first washing. Its hanging on the railing until I set up for Christmas. 

Just last night, I woke up around 1:30a.m. and saw a large shooting star fall in the sky. It was spectacular to see, and reminded me the universe is dealing with much bigger things than I do every day. 
And makes me grateful to be able to trust a Heavenly Father to manage it all and keep things going as they do without my even casual regard for it most of the time. 

No comments: