Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Updates on Barn Quilts

Finally remembered to take some pictures. Below is the October barn.

 This quilt is all about the details and its only half finished when you see my embroidery. My mom adds the ribbon embroidery and then it really comes alive even more. Like on the barn below, the roof that doesn't have a black outline in thread will be bigger and more substantive in black silk ribbon. The pumpkins will have green silk leaves on top. . . details.
 Here is November's quilt before all the embroidery is done, but it gives you a good idea of how it will look.
 Love that airplane. Looks even better now that its outlined, as well as the moon, in brown embroidery thread. But I really love the white circles coming out from the moon. I think this is one of my favorite skies. Whoever designed this, I can tell, had fun, because its fun to recreate it all. Happy Creating! Now I need to get serious about Christmas creating!!!

No comments: