Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Burst of Creativity

January has found me in a variety of emotions. Somehow creativity helps me through them all.
Here are some of the things I've been doing this month, and of course, I forgot to take photos of some of my favorites - the baby boy bibs I made and some cards from the beginning of the month. I do plan on making more bibs soon, for my newly born great-niece, so I'll make sure and post those.

Cards for my friend in Germany. Oh it was great fun to see her at the beginning of the month! This is made special by embossing on vellum using the Cuttlebug. Easy, add some embellishments, done.

 Some stamping here but overall a very easy, fast card.
 Homemade bread. This is half and half. I'm gradually going to get my family back to 100% whole wheat, if my stomach will let me.
A fun muslin label I ordered personalized, then sewed onto fabric, and framed. Sweetwater Company, one of my favorite fabric lines, sells them. Their newest fabrics are out and I'm disciplining myself by not buying up more fabric when I have SOO many projects waiting to be completed already. I love this for Valentines and it was a less than a yard of fabric.
 A quick receiving blanket for said niece. I have enough leftover fabric to make some burpers too.
 This is my latest chevron quilt, in shades of red and white. Love all these fabrics. Its about 2/3 finished, then I'll quilt it and back it. Just love that Cherry fabric!
This was from the original sampler quilt I was going to make, then turned 15 of the squares into 5 table runners. I pulled this one out the other day as I was reorganizing my fabrics that were in bags and I'm thinking of turning it into a small wall hanging. What do you think? I'll have to add borders and perhaps something else in the row above and below. . .  still thinking about that.
The fabrics are cut out and I'm starting these cute little heart blocks. The plan is they will come together to be a table runner.  I hope to get finished before the 1st of Feb. I'm using a charm pack - Surrounded by Love by Deb Strain to make this. Its the same one I used for my nephew's table runner last year but this is obviously going to be a lot more challenging. . . always stretching every time I sew. Its not easy yet, but its still fun.
 Do you remember the "Frozen" wreath I had last year for the girl's party? Well, I couldn't find any pre-made wooden snowflakes to buy in January, so I added snowflake silver ornaments with a Valentine's welcome, and now its on the front door using some non-traditional Valentine colors, but it works for me.
 With my hubby being out of town for two weeks on business, I have been his substitute organist at church. Unfortunately, I'm very much a novice, so it takes me between 40-60 min. a day of practicing to be able to execute the pedals well. Praying he makes it back this Sat. so he can play this coming Sunday.
 We had an 8 inch snow storm while he was gone. Our second biggest snowfall since we moved into this house 4 years ago this week but here it is a week later almost 70 degrees, so only this little bit on the north side of the house remains. I love the animal prints on the snow. The abundance of nature is one of the best parts of living in Colorado.
 LittleBuddy is getting better. The break is healing well. Last Thursday he got to ditch the crutches and now just has to keep the boot on. He is MUCH happier, and he can do a lot more for himself again.  Either his dad or his grandpa took him every morning to school because of all the ice and snow. It was so nice of them to do this, and my parents have both really helped me with driving since Mike's been gone. I continue to be blessed by the best parents and a husband who knew the first hour of the day is always my most busy already and wanted his son safe. Tomorrow Mom and I work on our barn quilt again. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: